8 February 2014

My Botanics Skincare Routine

A new year and a new skincare routine.



During the partying season, I may have neglected my skin a bit. My skin felt dull and lacked that glow you usually get after taking a hot shower or just after washing your face. I needed a product that would not strip away my skin yet remove all the makeup and dirt left on my delicate dry skin. I finally found a few products from Boots that have actually helped my skin regain that youthful glow that I had been craving.

First of all we have the oil based brightening eye makeup remover. I don't think I have ever found a product that has brighten up my dark circles whilst removing tough waterproof mascara. This would probably be my holy grail item, can't go a day without it. It genuinely removes every last trace of makeup. It may be a tad bit too oily but I think that helps in moisturising such a delicate area.


Then we have the Cleansing cream. I use this product after a face wipe just to remove any tough makeup but later go in with this. It's a light creamy consistency with a mild scent. It keep my face feeling moisturised and clean.

I never used to use a toner after my cleanser just because I thought it's an unnecessary step to keeping clean and clear skin. Although after buying it on a 3 for 2 offer I had to use it. The toner is not drying at all and defiantly removes every last dirt trapped in the pores.


I finish off my skin routine with the hydrating day cream. The smell of this is light and subtle which is perfect and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I usually have a problem with branded day creams because my eczema prone skin is always irritated by them or it's just not hydrating enough. But after a long day at university, my skin doesn't need another layer of cream to keep me going through the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment